Thursday, August 11, 2016

Coming Soon: Chantecaille Protect the Lions Collection for Fall 2016

Chantecaille's Fall 2016 collection is a love letter to the majestic nature of lions. Watching a lion move through the bush is an electric experience. Their gorgeous coats gleaming in the sun, their easy, languid power. Exuding pride and confidence, these creatures are truly the rulers, responsible for the balance within the animal kingdom.

Chantecaille's recent trip to Africa inspired the season’s palette: the red earth, shimmering sand, and matte, rocky terrain became an elegant suite of rich, earthy hues that enhance the eyes, lips, and cheeks and reflect the natural beauty of the captivating landscape. The color story also synchronizes with the fiercely feminine, understated chic earth tones seen on many Fall 2016 runways.

Each season, Chantecaille's philanthropic relationships broaden our eyes to a changing world, one where humans encroach on the natural habitats of animals. Our impact is felt worldwide, and we find so much inspiration  in the impassioned people who seek to reverse this damage. A true passion for lions led Stephanie Dolrenry and Leela Hazzah to leave their homes in the Midwest and Egypt and settle in Kenya. Both have devoted their careers to lion conservation, and their perseverance with groundbreaking conservation methods in Kenya’s Amboseli National  Park and the foundation of The Lion Guardians are proof of their true love for these animals.

After immersing themselves in the local Maasai culture, where young men are traditionally raised to be lion hunters, Dolreny and Hazzah have redirected the focus of the tribe to understand the nuances of living in harmony with the lions. By teaching the Maasai youth to speak Swahili and English and employing them to use GPS technology to track the local lion population, they have showed the tribes that attuning themselves to the animals and respecting their patterns and habits is the only way to live together with the majestic creatures. What has resulted is a cherished relationship between the Maasai and the lions and an empowered generation of tribes people, who, with the resources of education and technology, have evolved from lion hunters to become lion guardians.

The Protect The Lions Eye Palette ($85) was inspired by the African landscape and their beautiful lions. Eyes are softly sculpted with washes of creamy beiges and velvety grays. Flecks of shimmering copper anchored by majestic burgundies set the eyes aglow. Skin is left luminous with a slight flush of demure pink on the cheeks.

The shades are...
  • Sand, a creamy beige infused with flecks of gold African Topaz;
  • African Topaz, a glistening copper;
  • Amboseli, a glistening shade inspired by the beautiful, rich burgundy color of the earth in Amboseli National Park (this mesmerizing shade enhances all eye colors); and
  • Rock: a silky, matte, neutral grey.
Pride Cheek Shade ($40) is a silky smooth powder formula that adds the perfect hint of natural looking color. Of course, it's embossed with an exquisite lion face.

The shade? What more natural name could it have than Pride? It's a soft, demure pink that adds a natural flush of color to all skin tones.

I should stop here and tell you that five percent of the proceeds of each eye palette and cheek shade sold will be donated to the Lion Guardians to help them continue their work to save the lions, among the most majestic creatures on Earth.

Full color release combined with a delightfully creamy texture makes Chantecaille Lip Stick ($36) both glamorous and incredibly comfortable. It's infused with natural beeswax, vitamins A and C, and emollient amino acids. The new shades are, left to right, Mirage, the perfect beigy nude; African Violet, a dramatic berry with subtle, cool undertones; and Sunset, a warm, sophisticated coral.

The Luster Glide Silk Infused  Eye Liner ($29) is an innovative, long-lasting eye liner that combines the effortless application of a pencil with the dramatic definition of a liquid liner. Falls brings us a new shade: Amethyst, a silky smooth, burgundy infused with light-catching pearl that adds instant drama and definition to the lash line. It coordinates perfectly with the eye palette.

Many of you know that I live in Chantecaille makeup. More often than not, the eye shadow I apply in the morning was made by Chantecaille. Today, I'm wearing the Sharks. The colors work well for me, and they last all day. I'm more than a fan. I'm obsessed with Chantecaille. I can't wait to get my hands on these new colors.

The good news? We don't have to wait long for this gorgeous collection to arrive at counters! It will be available in August 2016 at Barney’s New York, Bergdorf Goodman, Frédéric Fekkai Salons, Neiman Marcus, Space NK, select Saks Fifth Avenue, Bloomingdale's, and Nordstrom locations and Chantecaille.com.

Photos courtesy of Chantecaille

15 comments:

plegalmom said...

This collection looks gorgeous!! Not sure about burgundy on my 60 year old eyes, but the blush and at least one lip color will be mine.

Nemo said...

There was a man named Timothy Treadwell who was kind of a misfit. He traveled annually from his home in California to the wilds of Alaska to live with the grizzly bears. He loved animals and they loved him back, even the bears. He looked out for them & all other animals he knew. An emaciated bear ended up killing him many years ago. Timothy was a cunning, wild, cuss, and when I first read about him in Vanity Fair magazine in 2005 I decided I didn't much like him. Then I watched a documentary about him. It changed my opinion of him utterly. So much so in fact that he & his beloved Alaskan fur babies are in my daily prayers. He was fearless, and smart, and I like that. So I have always asked him in my prayers to eviscerate everyone & anyone who kills innocent animals like Cecil the Lion. This quad is wonderful, & it reminded me of Cecil and my friend Timothy. Join me in my prayers.

Charlestongirl said...

Plagalmom, look at how brown that shade is in the photo. The current color could be gorgeous. We wait. :)

Charlestongirl said...

Nemo, God bless him.

Wendy said...

Hi Charleston Girl!!! I've been waiting for this collection!! Unless pigmentation is an issue, I think I will just have to have this unique and special collection! Do you know if Sunset is a repromote shade? I thought it was in their pre-fall collection last year? Also, I hope Eileen sees this.....thank you very much for responding back to me about Cle de peau's new radiant rouges. I have # 11 and # 14. After all is said and done, I will have to have one if not both of the red shades and well, actually I really want them all! I really appreciate your time and expert opinion!!! xoxo

Gigi48 said...

Can't wait. These are the BEST shadows. They are always good on brown eyes. No brush with the palette? That berry lip looks pretty too. And I'm always on the search for a perfect nude. I only wear Armani 103. I wear a lot of colors but nude is the hardest.

Charlestongirl said...

Wendy, I Googled Sunset and found a lipstick that was described as a warm coral. It's possible it's a repromote.

Charlestongirl said...

GiGi, nude is hard. That Armani one is beautiful.

Eileen said...

Tigers in the wild, wild horses, and now a pride of lions--what a beautiful way to celebrate the beauty and power to be found in God's magnificent creatures. Chantecaille brings us such gorgeous collections! And, even though only a small portion of the purchase price goes towards the protection of nature's wonders, every time we use the products we are reminded that we are guardians and have been entrusted with their very survival. I usually pick up the eyeshadow palette and the blusher and what a lovely collection I have! I can hardly wait to add Protcting the Lions to my stash.

Nemo, you struck a chord with your reference to Cecil. That was a needless death that shocked the world. The only thing more tragic than Cecil's death was the way it bounced off the Teflon coated heart of the hunter and his cronies. That anyone would have such a cold and calloused disregard for the creatures with whom we share the earth, is appalling.

Eileen said...

Hi Wendy,

Aren't the CdP liquid rouges phenomenal? I love the way they feel and look on my lips. I can see more of them in my future, too. :-)

Evelyn said...

I knew there was a collection I've been waiting for - the Lions! These look beautiful and of course as a Leo, I support initiatives to keep these amazing animals safe and thriving. So excited!

Anonymous said...

Hi CG-for me, this is the most anticipated beauty item for fall 2016 and I can't wait until I can see your swatches. Do you think the blush has shimmer or likely overspray?

Anonymous said...

I cannot wait for this palette and blush to arrive in stores. I keep asking at my local SpaceNK. I just call it the Cecil palette.

Charlestongirl said...

Anonymous, hard to tell from the photo, but I don't see an overspray.

Charlestongirl said...

Anonymous, the blush is not shimmery. I love calling it Cecil!!!