Monday, July 14, 2014

Chanel Les 4 Ombres Multi-Effect Quadra Eyeshadow in TISSÉ MADEMOISELLE

Of the two new Chanel Les 4 Ombres Multi-Effect Quadra Eyeshadows ($61) I purchased, but haven't featured already, this is the one I like the most: TISSÉ MADEMOISELLE (#214). I'll tell you why tomorrow when I post the fourth and final one.

TISSÉ MADEMOISELLE offers the neutral eye shadow lover a perfect palette. The browns and beiges are perfect for those of us who want to accent our eyes without a lot of color - especially for work.

I took my photos - quad and swatches in mid-morning. I swatched using a sponge-tipped applicator and started with the taupe in the upper-left corner, moving clockwise around the quad as I worked down my arm.

I think this is a beautiful quad. All the shades complement one another.  The taupe at the top of my arm is a warm taupe, but not so warm that it looks muddy. The ivory under it is a perfect base shade.

The true brown surprised me, only because it appears to be darker on my skin than it looks in the compact. This is a cool, shimmering brown, the opposite of the taupe at the top of my arm. It's very pretty, just not what I expected. The gorgeous, shimmering gold at the bottom of my arm is a shade you will want to wear with other quads from this collection - or other shadows in your wardrobe. It enhances the eyes, and you can wear it anywhere on the lids - from under the brows to under the lower lashes. It's sheer and versatile.

I summarized the qualities of the new Les 4 Ombres Multi-Effect Quadra Eyeshadows here, in an earlier feature. I don't see any reason to repeat them. If you are new to this Chanel series, just pop over to the hyperlink above on "here."

I have one more to show you - tomorrow. I blind-ordered all four of my new treasures, purchasing from Chanel's Web site. The new quads are winging their way to all Chanel counters and online retailers now. I know from comments that many of you have already selected and purchased your favorites. For those who haven't sprung for one of the new quads, make sure to look for the collection soon. I published helpful sources in the Introduction.

Photo at top courtesy of Chanel; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

13 comments:

Nemo said...

Cg, this may not make you exult, but I think we're thinking alike more and more! I was about to make a comment on yesterday's feature about Mademoiselle when I found that today's feature is all about that gorgeous new quad. Yes, it is absolutely exquisite! A neutral lover's delight. I'm using all 9 in alphabetical order, and yesterday it was Mademoiselle's turn at bat. Oh, what a sexy, sultry look!!!!! There is definitely a change in formula from the old quads to the tisses, and I love it. I urge you to buy them all. And, the 4 new pencils. CHANEL has left everyone else way behind with these new eye shadows.

Nemo said...

The quad I'm using today is Poesie, the only LE of the new quads. It is absolutely gorgeous, too. Tomorrow is Riviera. Can't wait. I am having so much FUN! $$$ fun, but I'd rather spend it on CHANEL than anything else!

Eileen said...

Ah, sweet Mademoiselle, it isn't you. It's me! LOL I was originally attracted to Mademoilselle, but as soon as I swatched it on my skin, it was obvious that it wasn't going to work. My skintone seems to bring out an unflattering (on me) yellow undertone that is in a couple of the colors. Even the Chanel MA said, "No, you're definitely a Rivoli kind of gal. Try that instead." So, that's what I did and found it suited me to a T. Although I already have similar colors, I bought Rivoli (and Cambon) because I love Chanel's new formulation. It makes up for the time Chanel reformulated my beloved Rouge Allure a couple years ago and I found I could no longer wear it--or at least that is my rational for now owning six new quads :-) I know some women won't be pleased with the new formulation but, as the old saying goes, there are plenty of other fish in the sea.

Jo said...

Speaking of new eye shadows, the new Cle de Peau are up on Saks.com. They look gorgeous. I can't wait to see them in person.

Soni said...

I have purchased 2 of these new quads so far, Rivoli & Vendome. I'm wearing Vendome today and couldn't be more pleased with the new formulation. I was worried they might be too shimmery or metallic looking on my 46 year old eyes. Nope, not a bit. I love them. I haven't used Rivoli yet though. (holds breath)
I did get a helpful hint from my Chanel SA. He said these quads do really well when used with a concealer type brush. (read synthetic bristles) I'm not sure why, I should have asked. At any rate, I used a concealer brush to apply the lid color and a smaller fluffy brush for crease and blending. Seemed fine with either. *shrugs*
At any rate, I may be going back for more of these. I passed on mademoiselle because it reminded me of raffinement. But this formulation is so gorgeous...I don't know. I may cave.
Thank you for the gorgeous swatches CharlestonGirl!

Nemo said...

Eileen, I like you. You're just the kind of soul I'd like to know better, to meet @ Whole Foods, tie my hair back, and dive into a WF pizza with! You wouldn't look at me in horror as the cheese & whatever else dribbled down my chin!

Charlestongirl said...

Nemo, I can't afford to buy them all. I have to save up to support myself as I recover from surgery. Unfortunately, I'm not on Chanel's list. I'm not sure if anyone is.

I'm trying to feel lucky I could buy four. :)

Charlestongirl said...

Thanks, Jo. I will go look. I need to get to a store. I love their shadows. I spent the last two weekends in bed from pain. I had an epidural yesterday, so I hope I can reduce one source.

Charlestongirl said...

Eileen, this was definitely a reformulation for the good!

Charlestongirl said...

Soni, thanks for that. The older readers are worried about how the shimmery shades will look. My experience is that they look great.

Lola's Secret Beauty Blog said...

Oh my, this is a gorgeous quad CG. In the past I have found that my eyes reacted negatively to many of the older quads-- to the extent that I had to remove the shadows right after putting them on because my eyes began to itch like mad. This reformulated version sounds divine-- so I will have to give it a try! Thanks for the excellent review!

Anonymous said...

Fran says: Have been attracted to this new release as they say they are dermalogist/opthamologist tested on the website. As I'm not mobile enough, my daughter went and swatched this on artist's paper for me along with Cambon and Venitien. Surprisingly, Mademoiselle did nothing for me but the other two did and my daughter confirmed that Venitien was the standout.

melisand61 said...

Oh this is gorgeous. I'm tempted by #204 as well. I've refrained from makeup shopping for a while, but these could break my resolve.