Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Giorgio Armani Beauty Eccentrico Palette from the Eccentrico Collection for Holiday 2013

The Eccentrico limited-edition collection was inspired by the Giorgio Armani Eccentrico touring exhibition: Milan 2012, Hong Kong 2013, and Rome June 2013. Mr. Armani showcased some of his most memorable and lavish couture designs throughout his career – a fusion of art, fashion, and design, unrestrained by a bizarre play of colors and wild fantasy. The Giorgio Armani woman is multifaceted and has an eccentric side that she wants to express. He gave her full rein.

Eccentricity was never so chic – Linda Cantello, International Makeup Artist for Giorgio Armani Beauty

The Eccentrico Palette ($88), shown above, is a 4-in-1 multi-illuminator with lavender, peach, white, and pink colors for a healthy, radiant complexion. This all-over highlighter makes a statement to light up the holidays with surrealism and festive colors.  The unexpected play of oranges, pinks, and iridescent white is a display of wild fantasy. A light dusting of silver pearls on top (overspray) of the compacted blush powder creates the ultimate glow.

I was able to purchase my palette at Neiman Marcus. It has also arrived at Saks Fifth Avenue - about a week earlier than I anticipated. I was thrilled. Here is how it looks with the overspray. Having seen the tester in the store, with no overspray, I knew to take a sponge-tipped applicator and "dig" to get down to the true look on 2/3 of the palette. You can see what I did below. The difference in color intensity is significant. It's like a different compact. By the way, there is a brush in the lower level.

Is it any less exciting once you remove the overspray? I don't think so. I love this beautifully designed compact with multicolored highlighters. Can you use one color at a time, as Armani suggests? Absolutely? Was I that patient? No - never. I love to mix colors to see the overall effect, so that's how I created my swatches for photos.

I took my photos in almost full sunshine. For the swatch directly below, I swatched very heavily at the top of my arm with a sponge-tipped applicator, making sure I got adequate, true color (not overspray).

The overall effect is a pastel pink - almost icy, but that peach in the mix adds a little warmth. Applied "normally," the powder provides a beautiful light pink glow to my face. I was smitten the moment I applied it.

Here is a lighter swatch. Could I jump up and down, please, and scream from the rooftops, "Armani's done it again?" Without being committed, that is - or falling off the roof. This powder has so many dimensions that are luxurious. The color is only part of the story. The luminous glow it leaves on the skin, the finish, the classy red compact - everything about it will light up my holiday season.

Apparently, the Eccentrico Palette was produced in very limited quantities. Neiman Marcus Tysons has only five left, and they just got it. I'd hurry to order if I were you. It's available at the Giorgio Armani Beauty Web site. I'd buy it from Armani. Today, the company published a 15% discount with the purchase of $75 or more. Use the code ARMANI13.

Photo at top courtesy of Giorgio Armani Beauty; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

20 comments:

Jenny said...

I saw this come up online last night and almost got it. I didn't want to spend that much. Earlier this afternoon I caved--I just had to have it. Seeing your swatches only confirms that I made the right decision. It looks absolutely, breathtakingly beautiful. I am so beyond glad it's on the way to me now. I do wish it had been just a little bit less. Thanks--wonderful swatches as always!

Victoria said...

Wow. I would not have believed that those two images were of the same compact. Is there any point to overspray besides (hopefully) adding another layer of pretty?

Virginie said...

Lovely, but I think it will emphasizes pore ?! ;-(

Jo said...

This is absolutely beautiful! Everyone looks a little better with some pink on their face! I'm picking mine up this weekend. Thanks for the preview.

Eileen said...

This was originally right at the top of my list of things to check out, but once I learned that the beautiful glowing colors in the promo pic were the result of a generous overspray and that the picture was not representative of the actual product, my enthusiasm dimmed considerably. I was expecting something that would lean more highlighter than blusher, sort of like a pearlescent version of Chanel's Stardust from last year. I was unpleasantly surprised when I saw a picture of the product in all its natural glory. I don't mind a bit of overspray, but Armani has been very heavy handed with it as of late and I find the practice quite deceptive. Remember how dramatically different the last two eye palettes were once their oversprays were removed? This is just more of the same :-( I'll still take a look at it when I visit the Armani counter, but my interest has waned considerably as it's simply not the product the promo pics led me to believe.

Julia said...

This palette looks so pretty, but I just received my Cle de Peau Beaute cream blush that you reviewed last week. This is the first item I've ever bought from this brand, and it's gorgeous! I'm interested in the pencils you reviewed last week. Do the lip pencils work well as lipsticks? I never use lip liner so they would only work for me if I could use them as lipstick.

Gauri said...

Very cute!!

Christina said...

So pretty, but that price hurts. I definitely have to think about purchasing this, given how many fabulous items are out for the holidays. :)

Sara said...

I never would have expected this beautiful pink color from the promo pictures! -Sara

Jo said...

Good news for anyone wanting to purchase this from the Armani website. Take 15% off a purchase of $75 or more with the code
ARMANI13.

Chateepatee said...

Oh I think it's lovely- and I need that color of blush.... NOW! I was just on Armani's website early this morning ordering the cream foundation compact, a multitude of eyeshadow pallets for gifts- with a 15% off coupon that came in my email. The sale is until the 28th I believe. I don't think this is on the website- maybe it is and I missed it. Thanks for the swatches CG- I'm off to purchase this before it sells out!

DC=HollywoodforNerds said...

I feel slightly disappointed in the Armani Holiday collection. I had hoped this would be more highlighter/finishing powder than blush, but that overspray is terribly misleading. The underneath colors lean to warm for me, unfortunately and the rest of the collection seems so summer, that I just don't get it. I don't care for the amount of overspray used these days. It's unnecessary and leaves you having to gouge your way down the compact to get the true color or look like you were attacked by the gold lame elf!

lovethescents said...

Beautiful review. I love the swatch as well. However, I'm lately finding that I don't use blush. Highlighting, indeed, but there seems to be less of a blushing cheeks trend this fall/winter. What do you think?

Evelyn said...

I'm kind of sad about this too. I liked the color with the spray on rather than the actual colors of the palette. When I first saw it I didn't realize I was looking at the same palette. My wallet thanks you for the swatches! :)

Charlestongirl said...

Evelyn and others,

While I agree that the "advertised" look of the palette with the overspray is very different in appearance from the real thing (once you get past the overspray), I sill think it's a gorgeous highlighter. You can use the shades individually, and the light pink shade is beautiful on the skin.

Give it a try at the counter before ruling it out.

DC=HollywoodforNerds said...

CG - appreciate the response to those of us who wanted more of the highlighter essence of this. Nordstrom Pentagon lost it's Armani rep and hasn't gotten it back yet and those covering are pushing their own lines more, but I'll check it out and see before nixing it completely.

Allison said...

I Love the color of this palette!! As, I recently picked up both of the new Guerlain's, 68 compact and meteorites. I am going to skip this cause I am swimming in pink, hehe :-) I also feel like it wasn't too long ago there was other beauty products that looked quite similar to these swatches. May be my imagination. Anyway, it's Gorgeous and Thank You for the Lovely swatches :-D

Bonnie C. said...

This may be a dumb question, but I get a little confused when I see something described as an "all over highlighter". Does that mean it can be used to highlight all over different parts of your face (like tops of cheekbones, on eyes, down bridge of nose, etc.)? Or that it can really be used all over your face, like a finishing powder? From the photos and swatches I can't really imagine brushing this all over my face, but would use it as a highlighter/illuminator in the places I mentioned above. I know it's just semantics with the wording, but it always just sounds a little strange to me when I see a product like this (especially if it has even more shimmer than this one) brushed all over my face, like I would with a finishing powder.

Thanks for sharing, this product is so beautiful to look at, and from your swatches it looks like it would be beautiful on the cheeks. :-)

Eileen said...

Hi Bonnie,

The basic definition of a highlighter is that it is a product to be used on specific areas to highlight them. An all over highlighter just means that you can apply it anywhere you want: cheeks, eyes, collarbone, shoulders, etc. Since Armani categorizes this as a blusher/highlighter, I think it is safe to say that he means this can be used anywhere you want to highlight with color. If you saw Christine's pictures over on Temptalia, you'll know that this adds a lot of color and definitely isn't meant to be used as a finishing powder. She wears it on the cheeks and it looks lovely on her. Hope that helps a bit.

Bonnie C. said...

HI Eileen,
That's what I figured it meant, otherwise I think you'd end up with an entire pink face, and I can't really imagine anyone that would look good like that. :-) Sometimes these different wordings can be a little tricky, but you explanation is what I figured it meant, thanks for the confirmation! :-)