Monday, September 30, 2013

Giorgio Armani Beauty Maestro Fusion Makeup Compact with Broad Spectrum Sunscreen SPF 29

If you loved Maestro when it launched - or have grown to worship it - you'll also love the new Maestro Fusion Makeup Compact Compact ($64). Maestro Fusion Makeup Compact offers the same rare finesse that has made Maestro an international success by combining comfort, radiance, and impeccable coverage. The new cream compact comes in eight shades designed to universally match all skin tones and suit all skin types.

This multipurpose product conceals like a foundation, offers precise touch-ups, and camouflages blemishes. It's the perfect harmony between the lightness of a fluid and the comfort of a compact.
Sophisticated and practical, it provides a new made-to-measure application step dedicated to achieving a pure, luminous finish with an unequalled second-skin sensation.

Whether for makeup or fashion, Giorgio Armani places fluidity at the heart of his creations. He dresses the complexion in light, just like his clothes drape the body in rare, ethereal fabrics. The rich yet ultra-fine texture of this new foundation can be compared to fine and diaphanous organza. Organza gracefully highlights the figure, while Maestro leaves a delicate, luminous veil on the face - soft to the touch for an effect that is imperceptible to the naked eye.

With the Maestro Fusion Makeup Compact, the master of elegance, Mr. Armani, has transcended the boundaries of excellence - again. The result is a fine and delicate texture with the technical expertise of a rich and comfortable formula. “Intelligent Melting Complex” technology, a blend of oils and waxes that become one with the skin, is the secret behind Maestro. The Armani team meticulously selected oils and waxes for the cosmetic and sensory properties of each.

The waxes are able to adapt to different temperatures. This "Intelligent Melting Complex" creates a unique composition that blends seamlessly with the skin, regardless of the application method. The oils were carefully selected for their "skin fusion alchemy and comfort." Five non-greasy dry oils that evaporate at different rates were custom-selected to deliver comfort, protection, and softness. There is a new addition to the blend: argan oil, known for its nourishing and antioxidant properties. The argan oil, along with vitamin E and SPF 29 protection are at the heart of the Maestro Fusion Compact's formula to ensure hydration and continuous skin care.

With 30% fewer powders than a conventional compact, Maestro Fusion Makeup Compact concentrates on the essentials: light-reflecting powders. Free from all superfluous ingredients, the cream compact avoids feeling greasy or creating a mask-like finish.

As soon as the product comes into contact with the skin, thanks to the Intelligent Melting Complex’s transformation properties, Maestro Compact instantly changes into a light cream texture, giving precise and comfortable application. You can apply this cream foundation with your fingertips (I'm not big on that idea).

If you apply it with brush, a fine and comfortable film is left on the skin to immediately correct your complexion, creating a flawless finish. The formula instantly becomes one with the skin. After using it, I found my complexion even, pure, shine-free, and radiant. For really precise, simple, and buildable application, the Giorgio Armani laboratories created an exclusive brush (half synthetic and half natural bristles) that is housed in the compact. Its shape, composition, and travel-friendly size all combine to offer an easy, delicate application. I actually like the brush - rare for me to like brushes provided in compacts.

My favorite applicator is a sponge. I have been applying it with its own brush, but then blending it to perfection with a sponge.

Normally, I am a #2 in Armani foundations. This summer, I found #2 in the original Maestro just a little too light because I unwittingly got a little sun on my face - not much, but enough to notice that #2 made me look pale. So, to have flexibility, I selected #4 in the Maestro Fusion Makeup Compact. I purchased mine at Saks Fifth Avenue in Chevy Chase.

The #4 is absolutely perfect for me now. I have used it for my first foundation application in the morning (with gorgeous results), and I have taken it with me for a mid-day touch-up. One thing I love about it is that it blends right into my skin when applied over the morning foundation - no matter what foundation I applied earlier (Armani of otherwise). The lightest application provides a look of mid-day perfection to my skin. I'm loving that!

I feel like I've found a gold mine. I have missed a discontinued Bobbi Brown cream foundation compact I used to use. Now, I'll miss it no longer. Armani has won my heart with this one.

You can find this new beauty at Armani's Web site. It should be at all Armani counters in October. If you need help, call the Armani Beauty Team at Saks at (240) 497-5206.

Photos at top courtesy of Giorgio Armani Beauty; other photo by Best Things in Beauty

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you have the ingredient list by any chance?

Makeupremastered said...

Hi CG
Are u able to tell me if the shades between the foundations are comparable ie. if I take 5,5 in original maestro and luminous silk-would it mean I would take 5,5. In the new compact. Is it suited to all skin types??-so glad there is finally a review and of course you have it first:)

bisbee said...

Thanks CG! I will definitely purchase...but since I work for the Fed, I'll wait a bit until Congress comes to its senses...

On the other hand...that might take forever! 😉

Eileen said...

Hi Anonymous @11:16

DailyMed had these listed online along with a copy of the product box so they are reliable.

Sunscreen: Octinoxate 5%

Inactive ingredients: Dimethicone, dicaprylyl carbonate, octyldodecyl neopentanoate, phenyl trimethicone, boron nitride, hydrogenated jojoba oil, hydrogenated polyisobutene, silica dimethyl silylate, polyethylene, disodium stearoyl glutamate, aluminum hydroxide, tocopheryl acetate, argania spinosa kernel oil; may contain: titanium dioxide, bismuth oxychloride, iron oxides

LilJeJa said...

Would it work for dry skin and how much coverage does it provide? Do you need to set it with anything?

Unknown said...

Will have to check it out!!!!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Anonymous,

Looks like Eileen answered. The full ingredient list is too long for me to type out.

Charlestongirl said...

Bisbee,

I hope you didn't get furloughed today. I was not (essential).

Charlestongirl said...

LilJeJa,

My skin is very dry, and it works beautifully. I do not set it with powder.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Makeupremastered,

I think they are spot-on for the colors. I am usually a 2, and the 2 looks the same to me. Same with the 4.

All skin types. It's really extraordinary.

Charlestongirl said...

Theresa,

I am so impressed. I was just looking at my face. I applied it at 6:30 am. It's now 5:23 pm, and I did no mid-day touch-up at all. I ate, talked on phone, etc., all day. It still looks perfect!

Moonchime said...

Charleston Girl, First, I am so happy to hear that your job isn't affected by the Government shut down. Thank God!

What a terrific review. i have been needing a new foundation--and I do believe this is exactly what my dry, mature skin needs. I'm going to go to the counter at Macy's and get color matched. Thank you so much!!! I love all of the wonderful beauty products that you recommend to us.

Have a terrific evening.

Sara said...

This foundation looks great! I love the maestro and luminous silk and I may very well try this when they do their next 20% off! By the way I know I had mentioned that I was thinking of doing the Le Merier subscription service- at the last minute I signed up, and this month I received the 0.5oz dark spot corrector- can't wait to try it! -Sara

Anonymous said...

Hi CG,
It looks like I will be loving this foundation though i have mix feelings about the liquid version.

Besides this, CG, have you taken a look or heard much about the Lancome X Jason Wu collaboration collection? I have been trying to look around on the internet for information but couldn't find much reviews on this collection. The taupe eye shadows look good as well as the blue palettes for this fall. Do you have any impression of this from where you are from?

roxymisha said...

This sounds like a definite purchase for me. I love cream foundations and GA's foundations are always superb.

bisbee said...

Very happy you were still impressed at the end of the day! Also that you are deemed essential. I am furloughed...👎

Charlestongirl said...

BTW, I forgot to thank Eileen for getting the ingredients while I was at work.

Charlestongirl said...

Bisbee,

I'm so sorry. This shutdown situation is ludicrous.

Charlestongirl said...

Roxymisha

I'll bet you'll love it!

Virginie said...

Hi Charleston Girl, I usually don't like foundation in a compact, but I saw another person wearing it so well in another blog. I just wonder, the compact foundation usually are more hydrating, therefore not so good for combination to oily skin. What do you say? Can I wear it? Thanks!!!

Meredith said...

I didn't have good luck with this product. It shows up in my pores no matter how I apply it or with what. Perhaps I chose the wrong color. It applies patchily on me. The SPF ingredient stings my very sensitive skin. I found the brush to be quite scratchy. I does cover redness very well though. I'm sure this will work for some.

Charlestongirl said...

Meredith, apply it with a sponge. You can apply a thin veil of color - except where you need more coverage. It's much better, I have discovered with use, than any brush.

I have sensitive skin, but no reaction to this product at all. There must be one ingredient that is annoying your skin.