Friday, February 3, 2012

Dior Rosy Glow Healthy Glow Awakening Blush for Spring 2012

Dior Rosy Glow ($44) Healthy Glow Awakening Blush is billed as flattering on all skin tones. The finely milled light pink powder is said to adjust to the skin's chemistry to create a customized look of naturally flushed, rosy cheeks.

Rosy Glow was introduced with Dior's Garden Party Collection for Spring 2012. It's exclusive to Sephora, and I ordered mine online. Rosy Glow is a perfect companion to the Corolle Pink Rouge Dior I had selected from Garden Party. I think it would also be a beautiful complement to the the eye shadow palettes in the collection.

Does Rosy Glow adjust its color on me? I don't see a color change on my skin. Whether I apply it to my arm or my face, it goes on as a cool baby-pink blush and stays that way. It's a color I can wear, and I like it. The transparent pink flush it provides enlivens my face. Perhaps it doesn't morph on my skin because its "native" color is perfect for me?

I've read that others have experienced the color adjustment. If you purchase it, hoping for a warmer shade or a different color, you may be disappointed. I can verify only that it looks smashing on my cheeks.

I took my photos in full sun. I applied the blush heavily with a sponge-tipped applicator at the top of my arm, and I used a brush for a lighter application below. On my cheeks, I apply Rosy Glow with a much lighter hand.

I see no difference between my swatches and the color that blooms on my cheeks. Rosy Glow is cool pink in the pan and cool pink on my cheeks. It's beautiful. I like it. I just can't verify its magical qualities.

Rosy Glow's rose fragrance makes me happy. When I open the sleek silver case and take a whiff, I smell a fresh rose bouquet. The powder has a divine fragrance in the compact that transfers to the skin. Once I apply Rosy Glow to my cheeks, I lose track of the scent. The experience of application, though, is like diving into a David Austin rose.

Dior's Rosy Glow is available at Sephora. If you want to test its color on your skin, you'll have to pop into a store.

Photo at top courtesy of Sephora; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

18 comments:

Nina said...

Happy Friday CharlestonGirl! I have yet to see this blush appear at any of my local Sephoras. (or those YSL gloss/stains!) How do you think it compares with Nars Gaiety? It looks like they might be identical on you.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Nina!

It looks exactly the same on me as NARS Gaiety. I need to feature Gaiety. Hope to do this weekend. I think it's going to be cloudy, but if we get some sun, I'll do a comparison photo.

sunnyItaly said...

So you liked it! I'm so happy!
When I apply it to my cheeks it doesn't seem to show immediately. It takes a couple of minetes to bloom. But yes, the pink remains pink. And its staying power is wonderful, just like a natural glow.
Well, I'm happy you're satisfied with this purchase! And thanks for the review. I loved its sscent too.
bye!
Rachel

Charlestongirl said...

Yep, Rachel, I do love it. I'm so glad you reminded me to order it. Thanks!

I'm interested in finding someone who really saw a different shade. Must do a Google search when I have time.

Happy weekend!

sunnyItaly said...

ps: surprising it's a Sephora exclusive in the US. All Dior retailers have it over here with the rest of the S-S collection.

sunnyItaly said...

You're very welcome. It makes a nice change as it's always you giving me (us)wonderful tips for my purchases.
:-)

Charlestongirl said...

I think Dior is missing a bet with the Sephora exclusive. I feel that way about most exclusives. I don't think they drive sales; they inhibit them.

If I were selling "stuff," I'd want max exposure.

Thanks again, Rachel!

Unknown said...

I find this one really interesting... I just hope it doesn't show on me as Gaiety, since I find that one too cool for me (medium with warm undertones). I will definitely go to Dior counter to try it (it's not Sephora exclusive in Mexico).

Dovey said...

I love the spring pink of the rosy glow blush. I don't think I would be disappointed if the color stayed the same. I quite like the fresh color it imparts on your skin!

nikki said...

This color changed slightly on me. Not a huge difference though. It just was less cool. When I applied it on my hand it was lighter and had lavender tones to it. On my skin it was a little darker and more pink/less lavender. Not as drastic as I expected.

nikki said...

Oops, I meant on my cheek it was less lavender. I don't know how much of this was due to the difference in coloring between my hand and cheeks though.

Charlestongirl said...

I would check first, Jaguayan Flawer. I find it very much like Gaiety. See how it looks on your skin.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Dovey!

If it's a shade you can wear, I'll be you love it. I've owned "adjusting colors" before, so I believe it can happen. Can't wait to see Rosy Glow look anything other than baby blue-pink on someone! :)

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Nikki, I don't really see much lavender on my skin. I see blue-pink, though. I found a tiny difference on my face (which has some sun damage) and my arm.

Unknown said...

Hi again... I went to the counter and tried it. It turns a bit darker on me (I'm medium-tan toned), it stays pink but goes towards magenta. I'll be posting some pictures of it later.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Jaguayan Flawer,

Thanks for the info/feedback!

Anonymous said...

Which Mac blush would be the most similar with this one? Mac dame? Mac well dressed?

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Anonymous,

Maybe one of my readers can help you. I can't. I am not a huge MAC fan, so I can't answer MAC questions. Sorry!