Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Le Métier de Beauté Limited-Edition Fragrance Cufflinks

By now, I'm sure you've figured out I'm a bit of a spendthrift. I love to buy myself little gifts - way too frequently. Fortunately, I "got real" when I saw Le Métier's de Beauté's Custom, Limited-Edition Fragrance Cufflinks ($3,500) at Neiman Marcus Mazza Gallerie. I thought about all the makeup I could have, and I also reminded myself that I've spent too much lately. I had a critical case of the I-wants that started to stray into the I-need realm. Fortunately, Michael gave me a glass of Champagne, which calmed my nervous impulse to spend. They would look fabulous with an elegant white shirt.

Below the shimmer of their black diamond surface, Le Métier de Beauté's skillfully crafted cufflinks harness the power of scent. Designed by Le Métier de Beauté with leading jewelry experts from Harry Winston, along with fragrance experts, these exclusive baubles are the first and most magnificent of their kind. Called "the ultimate gift for the man who has it all" (hello, friends, women wear traditional shirts too!), the 18K white gold construction is adorned with two carats of hand-set black diamonds. They look much better in person than they look in the photo above.

The "original item for the individual with discerning style and a taste for innovation," the Métier Fragrance Cufflink set includes three distinct scents, designed so the wearer can alternate as desired. Using cutting-edge, embedded resin fragrance technology, craftsmen infused fragrance into a small chip and seamlessly concealed it within the elegance of a cuff link. There are three fragrance chips, allowing the wearer to alternate among Classic, Modern, and Bold scents. You slip the scent chip into the cufflink, and away you go.

The Classic scent is refined and elegant, projecting fig and leather, with a rich heart of musk. The Modern scent is woody and aromatic, fresh, polished, and contemporary. The Bold scent is described as spicy, seductive, masculine, and strong. When you smell the fragrance inserts, they smell light and refined. Supposedly, the heat from your body magnifies the fragrance, giving it sillage so that you and those in your immediate proximity can enjoy the fragrance. I didn't have a chance to wear them, so I can't attest to the intensity of the scent.

Neiman Marcus keeps these little numbers in clear boxes under lock and key. I can see why. They are extremely attractive and way too easy for criminals to steal. I felt privileged to play with them! Then I gave them back.

The Le Métier de Beauté Limited-Edition Fragrance Cufflinks are available at select Neiman Marcus stores. If you want to splurge for a loved one this holiday season, they are a classy splurge. They come in a beautiful box, hand crafted black piano wood and a silver-tone locking clasp, approximately 6 1/2" high x 7" wide x 2 3/4" deep. I'm sure they will be appreciated.

Le Métier de Beauté photo courtesy of Neiman Marcus

7 comments:

Nemo said...

Any news on when Mikey's eye kit will be out? Any pics of it yet?

Charlestongirl said...

I'm checking for you/us, Nemo.

Nemo said...

Thank you, Cg; and think of it this way: It's gonna be a whole lot cheaper than those cuff links!

lovethescents said...

Well this is certainly innovative, but for that price, they should do something bespoke, no? I understand the gold and diamonds are real, but what if you love them and the idea, but hate the frags? Just a little two-cents from lovethescents :-)

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Lovethescents, it's the black diamonds. They are beautifully matched. Hard to do. That's why they are so pricey. :)

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Nemo, I wrote Mikey to see if I could get more info on the eye kit he described to me when I interviewed him.

Charlestongirl said...

Nemo, I am not happy at all. LMdB PR told me no Ks upcoming from Mikey, but that is not true. There's a Blush Kaleidoscope coming in December (Friday) to Troy, Michigan.

I don't know whether it's the left hand or the right hand. I have an e-mail sent to Mikey himself. It's kinda hard to track down information for all of you when I can't get a straight answer.