Monday, December 19, 2011

Coming Attraction: New Clinique Almost Lipsticks

Last week, Clinique offered me a limited-time preview of the new line of Almost Lipsticks in the shade Luscious Honey ($15). I checked tonight because I couldn't "get to" ordering until now. The preview shade, Luscious Honey, was still available! I ordered it, with free shipping. I hope my order goes through.

Clinique will introduce seven sheer new shades to its Almost Lipstick line-up. The new colors were inspired by the brand’s cult Black Honey signature color statement - one I love. The new lipsticks will be available worldwide in January 2012.

Black Honey was introduced in 1971 as a new lip gloss shade and launched as an Almost Lipstick in 1989. Earlier this year, it inspired an entire make-up collection, featuring violet and berry hues for the eyes, lips, and cheeks. I think I've bought everything.

The new Almost Lipstick colors feature natural nudes, pinks, violets, and reds. The shade names are Tender Honey, Luscious Honey, Spicy Honey, Shy Honey, Flirty Honey, Lovely Honey, and Chic Honey. Take a look at this photo. They all look luscious.

“The ultra-sheer formula is a great way to experiment with different colors and introduce yourself to shades you’ve never worn before,” noted Jenna Menard, Clinique’s Global Color Artist. “Sometimes women are hesitant to try a pink, red, or nude lip – Almost Lipstick can be the perfect stepping stone into other color families.”

She added, “When I work with women, I tweak and mix shades that will be custom to them. Almost Lipstick works with your own natural coloring, and the shades will allow you to have a color that’s essentially custom to you the second it’s applied. Choose any shade and it will instantly be your own.”

That's the beauty of Almost Lipstick. I can't wait to get Luscious Honey - followed by the rest of them next month.

Update: 12/20: I got a back-order e-mail after my confirmation. Bummer! I'll have to wait at least two weeks.

Photos courtesy of Clinique and The Moodie Report

8 comments:

Jenny P said...

I lovvve the Almost Lipsticks! Clinique used to have a full color line of these and I was so disappointed when they stopped. Just ordered my ' lucious honey' Yay! Thanks so much for the post!

Charlestongirl said...

Super, Jenny! I got a confirmation, so I think we're getting them. I can't wait for the rest.

Jenny P said...

UPDATE: just got email that they are back ordered. I was so excited, i hope they come in soon.Merry Christmas to you and all of your blog followers :-)

Charlestongirl said...

Jenny, I got it too. You would think they could have noted that when we tried to order. Oh well.

Two weeks means they will be sending them when the collection launches. I want more, so I will order other shades then.

Anonymous said...

Now if only Estée will resurrect the colored version of their Lip Blush Conditioner, I will be in business. They were phasing it out just as I got my job with them and at the time I didn't see the point. Now I wish I had them!

I will be at the Clinique counter whenever these arrive on counter!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Anonymous,

Those were nice. I think I had two at one point.

I'll be buying these the first place they show up - online or counter. They look fabulous. What a great price too!

lovethescents said...

These look so perfect! Thank you for the info, Charlestongirl!

Charlestongirl said...

They do look perfect, Lovethescents. I've always loved this formula and can't wait!