Saturday, June 25, 2011

Sneak Peek: Clinique Black Honey Collection for Fall 2011

There I was, surfing Nordstrom Beauty online, when Clinique's Black Honey Collection for Fall 2011 caught my eye. I've been wearing Black Honey on my lips since Hector was a pup, so naturally, I'm intrigued.

Cult-favorite Black Honey Almost Lipstick now works its charm on eyes and cheeks, courtesy of a limited-edition eye shadow quad and blush. And the lipstick that started it all, Black Honey, gets even more seductive in an exclusive Lipgloss/Lipstick Duo.

I'll be purchasing that duo at $21, probably in multiples! Black Honey Almost Lipstick ($14.50) may be easier to find since it's being re-promoted; it's often sold out at counters. Head over to Nordstrom to see the photos - and purchase now if you can't wait another second!

The eye shadows may not be my shades, but they will look phenomenal on gals with darker skin. I need to call my favorite Clinique representative, Alexandra Tuluceanu at Neiman Marcus at Tysons Galleria, to find out when she's getting the collection.

Photo courtesy of Nordstrom

6 comments:

lovethescents said...

That's weird...I commented here last night but looks like it's gone now...

Anyway, what I said was that I haven't tried Black Honey before. I do love the Clinique gloss in Cream Soda. A staple for me.

That eyeshadow palette is lovely! I'll have to swatch them in the shops because I might already have very similar colours already. Recently picked up MAC Surf Baby Saffron which looks a lot like that burnt reddish one. Beautiful!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Lovethescents!

Got this one! I never got notice, either through Gmail or comments, that you had commented. I can never explain Blogger's weird behavior. Sorry!

You will love Black Honey. It's a shade that set the world on fire and still remains enormously popular.

Amber Ehrlich said...

Black honey...the first lipgloss that I ever had that was real makeup. My mom took me to the Clinique counter when I said I wanted to start wearing makeup. She wanted to make sure I would know how to look like me, just a bit brighter.

I still wear Clinique foundation to this day. It is the only one which melts into my skin yet keeps in clear. Very excited to see this set in person!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Amber,

I plan to purchase a few pieces; I will swatch them when I do. Just too lazy to go over to Nordies or NM today.

We all have such fond memories of Clinique. I'm happy that their new CEO is revving up the brand again. She's dynamite.

Mamavalveeta03 said...

SO pretty! I was nuts about "Black Honey" all through college. Come to think of it, I can't believe it's been around that long!!

Charlestongirl said...

I know, MamaVal...makes you feel a bit old! :)