Sunday, May 1, 2011

Bobbi Brown Pretty Natural SPF 15 Tinted Moisturizers

Bobbi Brown is featuring Pretty Natural SPF 15 Tinted Moisturizers ($40), one of which is now available in an oil-free formula. The perfect foundation alternative for summer, tinted moisturizers even skin tone and provide a dewy, healthy finish while moisturizing and hydrating the skin. Bobbi's SPF 15 provides broad-spectrum UVA/UVB protection with colors that stay true and blend evenly.

The regular tinted moisturizer is designed for normal to dry skin, and the new oil-free version was created for women with oily skin who want sheer, lightweight coverage and sun protection in one. The refreshing, lightweight gel texture of the oil-free formula hydrates and soothes the skin, while a hint of coverage evens skin tone for a natural finish.

The formulas are packed with good-for-your-skin ingredients.

Here's how the regular formula stacks up.
  • Sodium hyaluronate, a moisture magnet, instantly hydrates the skin.
  • Petrolatum strengthens the skin's natural moisture barrier, improving its ability to lock in moisture.
  • Jojoba oil conditions the skin and leaves it feeling soft and supple.
  • Antioxidant vitamin E helps protect against free radical damage.
  • The emollient texture applies evenly and blends well.
The oil-free formula offers these benefits.
  • Sodium hyaluronate, a moisture magnet, instantly hydrates the skin.
  • Emollients and humectants soften the skin and strengthen its natural moisture balance, improving its ability to lock in moisture.
  • Collagen-boosting peptides help strengthen and firm the skin.
  • Antioxidant vitamins C and E help protect the skin against free radical damage.
  • Aloe, sucrose, and caffeine help calm, de-puff, and soothe the skin.
Even though I have dry skin, I want to try the oil-free formula. It sounds fabulous for summer.

Both formulas are available in nine shades, meaning there's a formula and shade for everyone. The tinted moisturizers are available at Bobbi Brown's Web site and will be at counters very soon - just in time for summer.

Photo courtesy of Bobbi Brown

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm loving the sound of the regular version. I wonder if it will offer enough coverage to even out my skin tone enough? I'll have to add this to my must try list ;-) thanks!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi PerilouslyPale,

Bobbi's tinted moisturizer is "moderately pigmented" for a tinted moisturizer. Definitely try before you buy.

I like the Extra one - it's best for super-dry skin. That said, I would love to try the new oil-free formula for the heat of summer.

Mamavalveeta03 said...

It's hard to believe that these can be any better then they were before, but I'm willing to give them the "ol' college try"!! (wow, does that age me!!). I always use my BB tinted moisturizer and then use the touch-up stick or foundation stick in my perfect color to give extra coverage just where I need it. Skin still looks like skin!!

Charlestongirl said...

If you feel old, Val, you can start calling me Grandma!

The regular one is unchanged. It's jut the new, oil-free formula that's new. So don't buy another one - you'll see at the store. :)