Sunday, February 13, 2011

Tarte Provocateur Amazonian Clay Shimmering Powder

Another hit from Tarte, Provocateur Amazonian Clay Shimmering Powder ($30), is a finely-milled powder infused with Amazonian clay, "nature's most perfect ingredient." These new highlighters were introduced for Spring 2011.

Amazonian Clay is rich in nutrients, with benefits for all skin types. Is your skin oily? Amazonian clay minimizes oil in and around the pores to balance skin and keep the product in place. Is your skin dry? The nourishing clay hydrates skin naturally to restore moisture. Have combination skin? Amazonian clay will intuitively identify your skin type and condition and deliver benefits to restore harmony. The result for everyone is promised to be makeup that wears better, longer, and truer!

Like all Tarte Cosmetics, these powders are also filled with good-for-your-skin ingredients, such as vitamins A, C, and E, They are formulated without all the things we try to avoid, including phthalates, synthetic fragrances and dyes, and sodium lauryl sulfate. I'm sure you know Tarte abhors animal testing.

This finely milled powder can be applied to cheeks, brow bones, and décolletage for a completely customizable glow - add a little for a soft, subtle sheen or add more for lavishly enhanced radiance I like the powder because it's creamy. I think that's one reason it's long-lasting.

It's available in two shades: Champagne and Rose. Both are gorgeous. They both are packaged in a padded, quilted compact with a mirror and round sponge applicator. I like the fact that the compact color mirrors the shade, so there's no guessing when I reach for one.

Champagne is a gorgeous golden shade, while Rose adds a rose gold gleam. Naturally, I ordered both. I couldn't decide; both shades looked gorgeous online. Both are!

I knew getting a photo to show you two highlighting shades would be tough, and it was. I took photos indoors and out, and I settled on a so-so picture taken indoors. I had applied the shimmer powders using a sponge-tipped applicator to get as much color as I could, and I applied them heavily - not at all the way you will use them.

Rose is shown at the top of my arm, with Champagne below. I can use either shade, depending on my makeup color scheme.

These shimmering powders are a buy! At $30, you can have both without feeling guilty. They will take you through summer with a gleam where you want it!

I purchased mine from Sephora. You can also find them at Tarte's Web site.

Photo at top courtesy of Sephora

5 comments:

Tracy@BeautyReflections said...

These look lovely! I just got one of the new Amazonian Clay 12 Hour Blushes-really great!

KathyT said...

They both look really pretty. I still can't get used to using shimmer products on my face. I am still a product of the 80s matte look! I have a Bobbi Brown shimmer brick, but I end up powdering most of it away. These Tarte ones would be easy to pick up at Sephora (or Ulta?), so I might have to try them. Thanks for the review.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Tracy!

I love them! Please let me know what you think if you try one.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Kathy!

Time to embrace shimmer!

I haven't been to Ulta in almost a year! Try Sephora.

Anonymous said...

would love to try the shimmer products!