Monday, February 28, 2011

Orlane Super-Moisturizing Tinted Cream

Orlane Paris has a new Super-Moisturizing Tinted Cream ($75), which combines anti-aging active ingredients with light-reflecting pigments to make your skin look even and radiant. This tinted moisturizer transparently evens skin tone and boosts your "glow factor." The treated pigment in it withstands water (and humidity) and even sebum for a long-lasting natural look. Orlane's product even softens lines and imperfections. A diamond powder, which reflects blue light, gives it a soft-focus effect on the skin that we all love.

I got a sample during the blogger event I attended at Neiman Marcus Mazza Gallerie two weeks ago. There are three "self-adjusting" shades, from #1 (Light), the lightest, to #3 (Amber), the darkest. The sample I got is shade #2 (Golden), and it's obviously too dark for me (see swatch below). No matter - I was able to see how nice the texture is by trying #2.

As a rule, I don't "love" tinted moisturizers. They often make my face look dirty. It's hard for me to find the right shade, and many companies, Orlane included, don't offer a full range of shades. If you can find the right shade for your skin, you will like Super-Moisturizing Tinted Cream.

This is definitely an anti-aging moisturer, intended for women over 30. The complex of aquatic plants and biomimetic active ingredients is intensely and lastingly moisturizing. The active ingredients help capture, retain, and redistribute water. Orlane's B21 Bio-Energic Anti-Aging Complex stimulates cellular energy and regenerates, smoothes, and firms the skin.

I used to be an Orlane addict. I loved their products. Somehow, over the years, I moved away from them, probably because Rene Marshall and her sister Vanna were no longer working for Orlane. They had been my gurus. I need to explore the line again, particularly with the most recent improvements. I plan to check out shade #1 in this tinted moisturizer to see if it works for me. My swatch of #2 is shown at right. I loved its transparency, and I loved the feel. Now I just have to see if the company has a shade for my pale face.

The swatch shows the unblended application at the top and a blended application below. If this is your skin tone, you could be a #2! I know the shades are supposed to adjust to your skin tone, but there was no way #2 was going to adjust to mine.

You can purchase Orlane's Super-Moisturizing Tinted Cream at Neiman Marcus (not all stores) and Bloomingdale's.

Photo at top courtesy of Neiman Marcus

4 comments:

Jane @ ZsaZsa Reviews said...

Thank you for such a detailed and precise review of this Super-Moisturizing Tinted Cream! I will be in your mentioned group of age almost any minute, so I will take into account your suggested cream with qualities of anti-aging cream. As my ages already are coming to those when anti-aging cream becomes a daily component I am lately considering which could become my favourite cream.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Jane,

You're welcome! One of the nicest things about adding years: you get to try and wear so many new skin-care goodies.

Jane @ ZsaZsa Reviews said...

Charlstongirl, I really liked how you said that - to wear skin-care goodies! :) And for sure, you are completely right!

Charlestongirl said...

Awww...thanks! I'm so glad to be past those hormonal break-out days. :)