Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Le Métier de Beauté Kaleidoscope Lip Kit in Enchantment

Now that I have become a Le Métier de Beauté devotee, I am sampling everything! Lisa Lingis at Neiman Marcus Mazza Gallerie showed me the Kaleidoscope Lip Kit in Enchantment ($95) during pre-sale for the Beauty Event. These are my kind of colors!

Introduced for spring, Enchantment will be perfect for me year round. The shades, top to bottom, are Passionate Love, Tender Love, Fickle Love, and Tragic Love - romantic names for beautiful lips. Enchantment has an "infatuating range of brilliantly saturated rose and neutral tones for your lips." The shades are shown on my arm below in the same order they are housed in the palette. You will find Passionate Love hard to see (hard to find in this world too). Passionate Love is so light, such a highlighting shade, that is looks "barely there" on my pale arm.

The unique Lip Kaleidoscope has a clever internal stacking system exclusive to Le Métier de Beauté. The round shade pans swivel out from its secretly hinged back. The long-lasting, moisture-rich formula is enriched with vitamins A, C, and E.

The Kaleidoscope Lip Kit's multidimensional layers can be mixed and matched to create your own look. Lisa showed me how Le Métier de Beauté encourages you to layer the colors, yielding endless possibilities by combining the shades to suit your mood or create your "look of the day." I thought each of these shades was stunning alone, but was mesmerized as Lisa started to demonstrate on my arm the layering that morphed the look with each new layer. She actually showed me the end result of layering all four colors, and I was sold! I couldn't purchase Enchantment fast enough.

Because this was a spring introduction, you should find this Kaleidoscope Lip Kit soon if you want these shades. Here are some photos of the shades on my arm in indirect evening light. Remember that all shades will be darker when applied over your rosy lips! As usual, I was challenged as I attempted to make the lightest shade actually show up in my photo - and do justice to the darker shades. I did my best, even using a concealer brush to apply the shades to my arm, rather than a lip brush. As soon as I win that lottery, I'll be able to stay home and capture perfect light to show you my lovely favorites.

Did I mention that these lip colors feel great on my lips and last?

Word has it that Nuria Sitja, lead makeup artist for Sex and the City 2, used Le Métier de Beauté cosmetics to glam the stars for the movie. I can see why!

You can still find this Lip Kit at Neiman Marcus and Nordstrom. I'm not sure whether it's still available in store at Bergdorfs. Their Web site shows it as unavailable. There have been other spectacular fall shades to take its place.

Photo at top courtesy of Bergdorf Goodman

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Charlestongirl
Thank you for your blog
Like you, I am also starting to pay attention to Le Metier de Beaute products
But I don't live near a Le Metier counter and have to order online
Could you please do a swatch of Le Metier Color Core Moisture Stain Lipstick ?
Thank you
Warm regards

Charlestongirl said...

Sure, hon, what shade?

MarciaF (Beauty Info Zone) said...

I've had this applied twice and didn't buy it but I'm definitely ordering it now. How long can I put off satisfaction? The colors are stunning and layer so beautifully.

Charlestongirl said...

Marcia, order it from Neiman Marcus Mazza! You could win that $500 prize! That's better than any insider discount. :)