Saturday, June 5, 2010

Jo Malone White Tie & Tiara to Benefit Elton John AIDS Foundation

Just when I'm sure I've spent too much for the month, along comes an e-mail like this one. Jo Malone has introduced a new, limited-edition fragrance, White Tie & Tiara Cologne ($120), to benefit the Elton John AIDS Foundation. Tempted by its description, and certain that I wanted to support the cause, I ordered one this morning.

White Tie & Tiara is composed with delicate white flowers (orange blossom and jasmine) entwined with tantalizing hints of lime and orange and blended with warm cedar and sandalwood. I've also read that the notes include bergamot, pineapple, tangerine, and violets. The fragrance was inspired by the white-scented garden at Sir Elton John's Windsor home. Hmm...white flowers, fruit, and charity - sounds like a winning bouquet to me!

White Tie and Tiara was originally released in 2002 and given as a party gift at Elton John’s White Tie and Tiara Ball. It was subsequently sold in Jo Malone shops in England as a limited edition.

I think I need a second job. If you are as tempted as I was, and you don't want to go "store shopping" at Neiman Marcus or Bergdorf Goodman, you can purchase this new cologne at Jo Malone online. You will get to choose two cologne samples with your purchase, and if you use code JMWHITE (through June 10), you will receive an extra deluxe sample of Grapefruit Cologne.

Photo courtesy of Jo Malone

7 comments:

Clarisse said...

The composition seems most tempting, I think I'd love that Cologne too: I'll have to ask them why they don't propose it in France!?!

Charlestongirl said...

Not fair, huh? There is a Jo Malone room fragrance that I have wanted for years, but you can only buy it in England. I need to find someone who's going.

Clarisse said...

Do you know if we can find it in France? If so, I can easily send it to you: what's its name?

Charlestongirl said...

It's called White Hyacinths Living Cologne. I think it's expensive, but I could send you the money for it and shipping if you can find it. It's a blend of hyacinths in a bouquet of rose and jasmine. It sounds heavenly.

When it was released, I called the Jo store in London and asked if they could ship to the U.S. They were really sweet, but said no, unfortunately, they couldn't.

Thank you for the offer. That's really sweet.

I am wondering if it's even made anymore. I looked on the Jo Malone Australian site, and it's out of stock. The U.K. site doesn't even list it anymore.

Clarisse said...

I'm so sorry,it's not listed on the French site either, it must be discontinued which is a pity because it seemed rather appealing.. now on the French site there are only 4 of them: Amber and sweet orange, Pine and Eucalyptus (?!?), Basil and Verbena and Grapefruit and Rosemary....Rather fruity (kitcheny?) fragrances than floral..let's hope they'll go back to floral soon :I'll ask at The Bon Marché next time I go to Paris and let you know if there is a possibility we can find it again.

Charlestongirl said...

Thanks for looking! Bummer - those are the same ones we have. Maybe I'll write the company and beg for more!

BTW, the pine and eucalyptus one is very woodsy/herby (as you might imagine). I don't want my home to smell like that, but...

Thank you!

Charlestongirl said...

This came, and it's going back! I seldom return things I order. I have this inherent sense that's unfair. However, this is NOT floral, and it's very spicy. I almost gagged trying to get it off my wrist. Maybe it's the clove in it. Not sure, but I really dislike it.