Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter!

Whether it's a holy day for you (there's Passover too!) or a holiday opportunity to celebrate friends and family, I hope you enjoy your day.

I saw my Easter Bunny yesterday evening. My garden is usually populated with darling bunnies. They do a great job munching on weeds - and the occasional herb. I hadn't seen one in months, but yesterday a big bunny was out and about. I guess someone told him it was Easter. I hope he lays low when the red foxes are around.

We will be eating my mother's favorite Easter meal: ham with all the usual sides. Think I'll break out a nice bottle of champagne to celebrate spring and the rebirth of nature's beauty.

Enjoy the day!

Photo of Vintage Postcard, made in Germany, A.S. B. 196, courtesy of Bygone Books

2 comments:

KathyT said...

Happy Easter to you too! I am covered in pollen from sitting outside with family in South Carolina where we endured clouds of pollen blowing off of the trees. It was a beautiful day though!

Charlestongirl said...

Ahhh...South Carolina is one of my favorite states. I could live in Charleston "South of Broad."

There are clouds of pollen here in Virginia too. My car is turning yellow. :) But it was a lovely day. Hope you and everyone enjoyed it!

It's back to work tomorrow. I could use another day off - or three.