Monday, November 16, 2009

Luna Twilight Mortal Glow Blushing Cream

You think you made a mistake. You ask your favorite Nordstrom beauty advisor about a cream blusher you had seen online, and he tells you he'll take you downstairs to the teenybopper department.

We got down there and found Luna Twilight, prominently displayed at the foot of the escalator. There it was on a large display: Luna Twilight Mortal Glow Blushing Cream ($22) in two shades, Adrenaline and Swoon. We tested, we swooned! Both shades were gorgeous, and the creamy texture was fabulous. I had to buy both of them because I couldn't choose between them.

Luna Twilight was inspired by the Twilight Saga. I understand these movies are all the rage with the teenage set. I must be seriously culturally deprived because I was only vaguely aware of this phenomenon. Capitalizing on the "love," Summit Entertainment introduced two makeup lines: Luna Twilight and Volturi Twilight.

The Luna Twilight Mortal Glow Blushing Cream is a blusher/highlighter hybrid, called a breakthrough blend of mousse and cream blush that glides on effortlessly with a brush or fingertips. Each blush has three distinct, hand-blended colors that create a mélange of color with a pattern unique to each individual blush. The creamy texture is divine, and the colors are shiny and sheer - better, I think, as highlighters than blushers. I applied one with a foundation brush this morning and finished it with some powder blusher. Really nice look!

Adrenaline is a blend of warm and cool pinks. Swoon, advertised as "the ultimate trio of nudes," is really mauve-toned.

Luna Twilight has some interesting products, including First Light Face Glow and Body Glow. I'll check them out on the next trip, now that I've recovered from the shock of shopping in the teen department.

Available at Nordstrom.

Update 11/17: Little did I know how timely this was! Check out this Associated Press account of the premiere of The Twilight Saga: New Moon.

Update 11/21: By today, Nordstrom had moved the Luna Twilight makeup upstairs to the beauty department.

Photo courtesy of Luna Twilight

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

I, too, am surprised at how big this Twilight thing is, and also how many cosmetics companies are creating products specifically for all the hoopla. I didn't realize that a couple of cosmetic companies had actually been created just because of the movie. Craziness...

Charlestongirl said...

Bonnie, you won't even know how crazy it is until you see the "fashion line."

I guess this isn't new. There were Harry Potter items too, weren't there? I missed most of that hoopla because I don't have children.

Anyhow, the makeup warmed this customer's heart.

Anonymous said...

The movie has received mega-attention, so it looks like they are as clever as foxes. :)