Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Lancome - Fall Collection - Liberty Eye Shadow Palette

I finally broke down and bought a Lancome eye shadow palette I have been eying. I got it during last week's online sample special, which was quite a bonanza - lip colors were my sample choices.

The Color Design Liberty Palette ($42) in Golden Audacity is a limited edition Sensational Effects Eye Shadow Quad Smooth Hold palette of finishes: from shimmer to sheen, metallic to matte. Lancome's "micro-aired powder technology" really does offer supreme smoothness and blendability, and these are very wearable new shades.

I wore the shadows today, and I was quite pleased with the quad. The three neutral tones produce a golden look, and the slightly metallic dark charcoal color is a great liner. It may be my lighting - or eyes - but the dark color seems to me to have just a hint of blue in it, which would be consistent with Lancome's Fall '09 Declaring Indigo theme. The shadows were used in the Indigo Crush look.

After I applied the shadows with a shadow brush, I used a MAC #227 brush for blending. I wanted to blur any distinctions between the colors I had mixed. Here I am, almost 12 hours later, and the shadows still look great! Naturally, I used a primer. It's part of my everyday routine.

You can purchase this eye shadow palette at Lancome's Web site or at any department store that carries Lancome. There are two other palettes in the collection, Indigo Charm (lots of blue and gold and rather dramatic) and Nude Elegance, which has some nice neutral shades as the name suggests.

Right now, there's a Lancome freebie with a $35 purchase that includes a nice compact with a blusher and eye shadows. Just enter SMOKYROSES at checkout.

Photo courtesy of Lancome.

No comments: