Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Fabulous Hair Care Products from Nick Chavez - Part 1 - Flocker

I'm in love with a man I've never met. Yes, Nick Chavez, who lives on the West Coast, knows my hair. Fantasy realized!

Nick Chavez has been a stylist and innovator in hair care for over 25 years. He blends herbal and organic traditions with modern hair care technology, which he tested and refined in his Beverly Hills salon, to produce products we can use effectively on our own without professional help. I had an opportunity to sample some Nick Chavez products, and I am delighted with them. I can't start at the beginning; I have to start with a styling product. I'll back up to the shampoo, conditioner, and other products in Part 2, or maybe we'll even do a Part 3.

Flocker! Sounds like something you would use to herd pigeons, right? No, it's the most amazing styling product I've ever used. My blond, fine, and terribly limp/no-volume hair cries out for something to make its bounce last more than 10 minutes after I leave home. Particularly this time of year, when a step outside is like entering a steam bath, I have a very hard time keeping my bob bobbing. When I read the marketing information for Flocker, I was game. When I used the product the first time, I had won the game.

When I had my first look at Flocker ($20) in my palm, before I spread it through my wet hair, I was sure it wouldn't work. It was kind of thin and not at all mousse-like. How could something like that give my hair bounce or volume or really anything? I did my usual blow dry and was very pleased with the results. But the blow dry isn't what blew me away - the bounce a full eight hours later did! All day, my hair had incredible shine (I did use Nick Chavez shampoo and conditioner that day), no frizz, and a bouncy bob that lasted until I slept on it that night. Wow! Nothing has ever done that - seriously, nothing. And this time of year? Miraculous. Next day? Same results.

Billed as a "universal styling tool," Flocker can be used on wet or dry hair to add lift, dimension, volume, and style. It has almond glycerides in it - emollient, softening, and definitely smoothing (no frizz).

Please detour to his Web site and read about this remarkable man, his products, hair care and styling tips, and even the charities he is proud to support. Next up this week, I will tell you about his Nourishing Shampoo and Plump 'N Thick Conditioner. The love continues.

Photo courtesy of Nick Chavez Beverly Hills.

No comments: