Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Are You a Lip Gloss Fanatic? Try Dior's Addict Ultra Gloss Reflect


I'll admit I have a weakness for lip glosses - all kinds and all colors. I think they "finish" the lips, no matter how wonderful the lipstick or lip liner underneath. I particularly like shine on my lips; it makes them look plumper. I need gloss to give me that creamy feeling to "feed my lip balm addiction." Additionally, glosses can help "perfect" lipstick colors. For example, it I apply a lipstick that I think is a bit too pink for my clothes or mood, I simply tone it down with a peachy or golden gloss. Instant perfection, and a touch of creativity! [wink]

Dior makes one of my favorites, Dior Addict Ultra Gloss Reflect, and if they ever discontinue Lurex Plum 877, I may have a meltdown. I guess I need to stock up.

Ultra Gloss Reflect is an "ultra-shimmering reformulation of the long-time favorite Dior Addict lip gloss. Here's what Sephora says...Lips go high-tech with shimmering, multi-dimensional reflective pigments that deliver mega-watt shine and color that lasts for hours. The innovative formula goes on smooth and fast with a silky brush applicator that keeps you in perfect control.

I agree. Today I wore my fav, #877, over a Dior lipstick to an outdoor reception (perfect for melting makeup with the temperate in the high 80's), and when I checked, about two hours after I applied it, it was still there! That's pretty good, given that I absolutely hate the glosses advertised to last all day - they may, but they feel like chalk a few minutes after application.

Some of my other favorites are Armani Beauty Lip Shimmers. Many colors and simply terrific. I think I own every color.

If you haven't tried one of these wonderful glosses, you are in for a treat. Remember, buy colors you might not wear on their own because you never know when you'll feel like being a makeup mixologist.

Photo courtesy of Sephora.

No comments: